Next school year I will work only 50%, which will allow me to travel even more than I normally do.
The street photography bug has bitten me hard, so that interest dominates my travel plans!
Meeting up with dA streeties during my trips in 2015 and 2016 has been truly awesome, so I sure hope to do more of that! If any of you out there would like to meet up during any of the trips below, please let me know! This hope is of course the main reason to write this journal!
1) Beijing: June 12th - July 5th
A pure street photography trip!
EDIT: TRIP DONE!
2) July 7th onwards 10-14 days. South of Sweden, Denmark and maybe northern Germany.
Vacation with my wife and visiting relatives.
EDIT: TRIP DONE! (No Germany...)
3) August 4th-6th: A couple of street days in Copenhagen.
EDIT: TRIP DONE!
3) Mid-October - 1st week of November:
Thinking about a street tour along the lines of Istanbul - Athens - Rome - Florence - Bologna - Milan. But nothing booked or definitive except for the time-frame.
EDIT: This trip will not happen.
4) New York - Miami: November 27th - December 13th. Streeting in NYC, then off to the Miami Street Photography Festival
. After that back to NYC for a few more street days.
EDIT: This trip didn't happen either...
5) First two weeks of January. Nothing planned yet. But someplace warm would be nice!
Maybe this one will be with my wife. Or maybe streeting again!
EDIT: Have booked a 10 day stay in Malaga. I'll go streeting by myself. TRIP DONE!
6) March 2nd-21st. Hong Kong+. I bought a cheap return flight Stockholm-Hong Kong on impulse when SAS had a campaign. I've been looking at flights from HK to other Asian cities to do about half the time there. Ideas are Taipei, Hanoi, Saigon, Bangkok, KL....but I haven't decided yet.
EDIT: TRIP DONE! Hong Kong & Hanoi!
7) April-May. Waiting for the schedule at work, to see when and where 2017's training camp will take place. And the decision if I'm going or not. A long time dream is to go to the Jazz Fest in New Orleans
, but I don't know if it'll work out this time either. It never has before....
EDIT: Booked a trip to Prague in April. 5 days with my wife doing the tourist thing and then another seven streeting by myself.
EDIT 2: TRIP DONE!
So that's it for now. Summer of 2017 is too far away to start planning yet!